Monday, November 12, 2007

THE INSIDE ADVANTAGE: The Strategy That Unlocks The Hidden Growth In Your Business by Robert H. Bloom

I really like this book. Maybe I like it so much because the author, Bob Bloom, said something when I interviewed him for dallasbookdiva.com that really hit home with me. One of the first things he said was that his book was about a simple process, not a complex process. Simple always works best for me. I also liked talking with Bob. He has such a passion for what he is doing and for what he has written, it is a pleasure to talk to him. I didn't want to stop! Listen to the interview and you will see what I mean.

The book is basically divided into four segments or steps with chapters supporting and explaining each step. The four parts of his Growth Discovery Process are CORE CUSTOMERS (the WHO of your business), UNCOMMON OFFERINGS (WHAT can you offer them), PERSUASIVE STRATEGIES (HOW can you convince them) and IMAGINATIVE ACTS (OWN IT!). Bob delivers his message in an easy-to-read style that includes illustrations from his own illustrious, successful career. The whole process made so much sense to me that I plan to apply these strategies to my own small business. Tell me what you think.

listen to interview

No comments: