Saturday, November 3, 2007

RUN WITH THE BULLS WITHOUT GETTING TRAMPLED by Dr. Tim Irwin

Tim Irwin’s book begins with a story about he and his son running with bulls in Pamplona. The event can be viewed on-line at Tim’s website. It’s worth your time to watch! From the experience, came the idea for the book.

I have worked for and with corporate “bulls” and so have many of you. I love one quote from the book: “…These organizational bulls are indifferent to us-not caring whether or not we reach our goals but only whether or not they reach theirs.” For me that summed up the attitudes of some of the various individuals I have worked both for and with!

This is a grounded book with good advice. The research was done with interviews of over 10,000 individuals from all levels of organizations, from the top to the bottom. I thought the ideas translated well for individuals who feel “stuck” in their organizations and need something to renew them as well as for the newbie in the job market who just graduated and is in the world of work for the first time. Tim’s writing style is engaging and informative. I liked this book.

listen to interview



No comments: