Saturday, September 27, 2008

GRILLED PIZZAS AND PIADINAS
By Chef Craig Priebe

YUM! That's the first word that comes to mind to describe this cookbook. Not only is it a feast for the eyes, but for the senses and the pallet as well. I interviewed Craig on my cable television show, METROPLEX TODAY. He brought a pizza for us to sample, the one with the cantaloupe chutney and prosciutto. Oh my! The combination of those flavors was so unexpected and delicious.

I couldn't wait to try to make a grilled pizza myself. My husband and I made the dough together. We had a great time. Then we made the pizza. We used an indoor grill, but I want to experiment doing it outdoors. I am certainly no gourmet cook, but the pizza was really good.

Craig's wheat flour pizza dough is the base for all of the pizzas in the book. He suggests different toppings and combinations I would never think to use on pizza. His S'mores pizza is chocolate-y good and gooey. I really like this idea and I love this cookbook. What do you think?


hear the interview

No comments: