Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ATTENTION BRITISH MYSTERY LOVERS!*

An Impartial Witness
A Bess Crawford Mystery

by Charles Todd

(Published by William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins)

I do enjoy the twists and turns of a good mystery! I also love to play "Sherlock Holmes" to see if I can figure out who-done-it before the author tells me.

This novel is a period novel set in World War I. Bess Crawford is a battlefield nurse who nurses wounded British soldiers on the battlefields of France. Due to a simple coincidence of being in the right place at the wrong moment, she finds herself in the midst of a murder and intrigue.

Bess witnesses a tearful farewell in a train station between a soldier and a woman. Did she recognize the woman as the wife of one of her burn patients from France? Who was the man? Why was he so cold to the woman?

If you enjoy the English mystery novel, you will enjoy this one written by the mother and son writing team who call themselves "Charles Todd!"

Listen to my interview with Caroline and Charles Todd.

*One of my TOP 10 MYSTERIES TO COZY UP TO A FIRE AND READ picks.

No comments: