Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday, March 20
I have been getting so many great books, I am having trouble choosing the ones I use for author interviews on my internet radio show INSIDE THE WRITER'S CAFE.

I just interviewed Susan Zeidler. She's such an accomplished woman. Not only is she an author with a new book, THE PRACTICE ROOM, but she is also a journalist and playwright. That's the fun of doing what I do. I get to talk to the most interesting people. Her book is really written for a teen audience, 12-15 year-olds, but it is well written and kept my interest. Look for her interview on INSIDE THE WRITER'S CAFE.

I am reading FRAMED! by John Dobbyn. From the first sentence, he had me. His style of writing just drew me in. The novel is set in Boston and he makes references to the sports teams. I am a Boston Celtic fan from way back. This novel is about a Cosa Nostra don whose son is framed for murder. I am only about 100 pages in and I am really enjoying the book. His interview will be coming up on INSIDE THE WRITER'S CAFE.

I am looking at the following books as possible interviews:

LIES OF THE HEART by Michelle Boyajian
THE MAPPING OF LOVE AND DEATH by Jacqueline Winspear
BARBARY PIRATES by William Detrich
THE BONE THIEF by Jefferson Bass
MOM by Dave Isay
THE DOCTOR AND THE DIVA by Adrienne McDonnell
DAISY MORNING, NOON, AND NIGHT a cookbook by Daisy Martinez
THE FALLEN by Mark Terry
NO GOOD DEED by Lewis M. Cohen
CYBERKILL by Frank F. Fiore

Just to mention a few! So far this Spring there is an embarrassment of riches in terms of books being published! Watch for my Spring Recommended Book List out soon.

No comments: