Friday, April 4, 2008

MORTAL SYNTAX: 101 Language Choices That Will Get You Clobbered by the Grammar Snobs--Even If You're Right By June Casagrande


I never thought I would combine the two words "grammar" and "funny" in the same sentence, yet that is just what I am planning to do! June Casagrande makes grammar funny and fun. ATTENTION ALL HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS: Pick up a copy of both of Ms. Casagrande's books. Use them with your students and I will bet you get results.


This book truly is unlike any other grammar book, style guide or usage manual I have seen. Instead of telling people what not to do, the author uses stories and humor to help the reader actually understand. What a concept! Actually understanding and learning while having a few laughs. Amazing! I loved talking with her and I love her book. If I were still teaching in the high school English classroom, I would have a class set of these books to use with my students! What do you think?


hear the interview


No comments: