Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday, Janaury 2

The holidays were fun, but when you host a show like this one, the homework is never done, there's always another book to read and another author to schedule for an interview. I am not complaining, I love it or I wouldn't do it.

This morning I am doing three interviews I am looking forward to for airing in 2010 on INSIDE THE WRITER'S CAFE.

I am talking to Fred Erisman, a professor from Texas christian University in Fort Worth, Texas. Fred has written a really fascinating book titled FROM BIRDWOMEN TO SKYGIRLS: American Girls' Aviation Stories. Don't let the title fool you. This is an insider look at the inside story about women and aviation as well as the literature that fueled a whole generation. I can't wait to talk to him.

GRATITUDE is a poignant new novel by Joseph Kertes. The story follows a young Jewish girl, Lilli Bandel as her family just disappears on morning. It's a striking story about the final days of Hungary in World War II and what happened to the Hungarian Jews. Joseph Kertes' prose is beautiful to read and his descriptions of the simple, every day things that were happening lend a reality to this heart-wrenching story. The story is based on a true story from Kertes family history.

Harold Feinstein is a name to conjure with in the world of photography. His book 100 BUTTERFLIES is magnificent! That's all I am going to say. If you need a gift for someone, this would be a treasure to give.

If you want to hear the current show on INSIDE THE WRITER'S CAFE, here is the link to my host page on WebTalkRadio.net:

I hope you'll take a look and a listen. Always remember, pick up a good book and read.

No comments: